Uppdaterat: 1 sep.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining a ED Visa for Thailand:
1. Get Accepted by a Thai Educational Institution: To apply for an ED visa, you must first enroll in an accredited educational institution in Thailand and obtain an official acceptance letter or letter of admission.
2. Prepare Required Documents: Gather necessary documents, including a valid passport, completed visa application form, passport-sized photos, round-trip flight itinerary, proof of accommodation, and financial statements to show sufficient funds and acceptance letter from the educational institution.
3. Apply for the ED Visa: Start with checking if you are eligible to apply online at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ if you are eligible then you can submit you application online. If not, apply for ED visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country or the nearest Thai diplomatic mission. Complete the application form, gather all necessary documents, and submit them along with the visa fee.
4. Medical Certificate and Background Check (if required): Some educational institutions may require applicants to provide a medical certificate and/or a criminal background check before issuing the acceptance letter.
5. Wait for Processing: ED visas typically take a few weeks to process, so apply well ahead of your intended study date.
6. Arrive in Thailand: Once your ED visa is approved, arrive in Thailand within the visa's validity period. Upon arrival, you'll receive a 90-day entry stamp.
7. Visa extensions: After entering Thailand and getting your 90 days, next step is to do regular visa extensions throughout your study period, these are required every 90 days.
8. Attend Classes and Maintain Visa Status: Attend classes regularly and maintain your visa status by extending it before it expires.
Remember, visa regulations can change, so always check for the latest updates and requirements before applying for a student visa (ED Visa) for Thailand.